View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrosfan View Post
Hey Guys,

Ok, Ive been reading about which wax/sealant is best ect... for about an hour now and there is way too much info to decipher, at least for my busy schedule.

I just bought a used Platinum Graphite 370z and it needs some detailing. Ive always loved taking good care of my cars and detailing them. With that being said, i do have some experience and am not a total noob.

My last car was a red Mazda 6, and i used Mothers California gold clay bar and steps 1,2,3(2x). It looked really good but was time consuming.

I am looking to do a claybar, cleaner, polish and sealant/wax. After i would use some sort of easy wax for touchups.

I don't plan on buying anything online, so they have to be from either Walmart, Autozone or equivalent (they all seem to carry about the same stuff).

I was considering using either:
zymol cleaner wax (heard good things but never used it)
mothers california gold
mothers fx(maybe but if i remember correctly, it has a cleaner in it)
Meguiars (either ultimate, gold class, or maybe NXT)

I know that basically all the decent products available locally but as you can see im kinda lost.......

I would like good protection for my DD with some gloss and shine

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can lend!!
Most of those will work ok, but to get swirls out you need to polish with a DA Polishers and the right compounds. Wax protects, its doesn't correct the paint so for the best finish possible, you need to polish.

Honestly, the better stuff from Meg's & Adam's Polishes, etc. are worth the shipping cost compared to the stuff you find at Walmart or Autozone. It usually evens out since don't have to pay tax from out out of state. I bought from Adam's a few times and shipping from CA to NY took less than a week.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote