View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default Bolt-ons = more HP, What about measurable acceleration improvements?

Naturally like the rest of you, I've been very excited to see the great WHP gains achieved by the bolt-ons available thus far. When reading through one thread, someone who had done the headers, intakes, HFCs, and CBE estimated that the total increase in WHP was in the ballpark of 40hp. I know many people have said they feel a difference with their bolt-ons, but has anyone clocked acceleration times to see just what kind of gains this 40-50whp really gets us?

Essentially, these additions get about 20% more whp than stock. If this made the car run a 0-60 in 4.2s or a 12sec quarter mile, I'd be having a garage sale tomorrow to raise the cash to buy the bolt-ons. However, if this makes the car 0.1sec faster, the gain is merely a better exhaust note and the accolades attained by showing off your modded car.

So, anyone have some 0-60 or quarter mile times to document the acceleration gains from the bolt-ons? I'm dying to know what they amount to.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote