View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #197 (permalink)
flashburn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Corvette GS 6M
flashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
I am sorry but that is just not cool...

I have done ~130 in my Z (pushed a little after being in 5th when redlining it in 4th) and I did this when there were *no* other cars in site on the freeway.

I am am all for driving cars fast. The Z is a sports car and meant to be driven fast. I however believe that good judgment should be used when driving fast on the public street.

IMHO there was *way* too much traffic for you to be driving at the speeds you were. I would never be going >25 MPH over the speed of traffic while there are cars that are just one lane away from me. There are far too many people who will turn without signaling or looking especially in lower traffic conditions. With how you were driving it someone could have very easily cut you off causing an accident.

You have *far* too much trust of other drivers on the road and at those types of speeds it can get you *and* some other people killed.

I honestly can't imagine anytime (at least in the U.S.) that you can what I would consider to be safely hitting those speeds while its still light out. About the only times I see opportunities for going at speeds like that are between 1-3 AM unless you are in a really unpopulated area.
This thread is full of stupid, but semtex's video definitely takes the cake. Doing that kind of speed on a freeway, especially with a decent amount of traffic like that is beyond endangering yourself, but everyone around you (and then some). Your licensed should be revoked for that ****.