View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #210 (permalink)
JJ-NISMO
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISMO 370Z PG
JJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond reputeJJ-NISMO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOU@AMPLIFIED View Post
anyone else with the creeking sound please let me know so i can talk to swift about it. As you guys know that the springs rates on the swift spec r are pretty stiff at 10kg and 10.5kg and they usually can cause some "creeking"

Lou did my install and is the man when it comes to customer service. I spoke with him today and am going to stop by to get a better look at it.

My front springs make a noticeable creaking sound whenever I go over any bumps at slow speed. The noise has gotten somewhat worse and I tried to take a look at it tonight. From what I can tell, it sounds like the spring is shifting or rubbing against itself during the compression and release. This would make sense if Swift left out the spacers that TJ is talking about. Any pics TJ?

I am wondering if the sway bar bushings may have loosened up as a result of the change in stiffness or if the springs shifted and are not sitting properly. It could just be that the bushings need to be lubricated or the isolator is off?

My Nismo stock springs were pretty stiff to begin with so I am hoping that is not the issue.

What are the inserts that were supposed to come with the springs? My flashlight died tonight lol and I can't get my car in a good position to take a look.

Last edited by JJ-NISMO; 02-16-2011 at 12:25 AM.
JJ-NISMO is offline   Reply With Quote