View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
SR would actually save most people, since you'd catch it before you actually put it in gear/released the clutch. Throttle overrev isn't a problem, mechanical overrev is.
actually...synchro-rev would save you in this situation. i know its saved me...i accidentally pulled the stick too far left as i was downshifting and the synchro-rev revved to redline and bounced off the limiter. once i realized it bounced off the limiter i let off the gas and pushed it into the correct gear.

in this case, i never mis-shifted per say, but since the computer automatically over-revved for me, i realized my mistake before it was too late.
chops is offline   Reply With Quote