View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Fezzik
Base Member

Drives: G37 Vert 6mt White
Fezzik has a spectacular aura aboutFezzik has a spectacular aura about

Well. I've been in both the stillen and the GTM. A dealer here in chicago has a g37 with a stillen in it. I'm not going to lie, it was nice. I was on the fence toward getting a stillen but in the end decided on the GTM. When i test drove the stillen kit it was in an automatic COUPE. It really picked up and went. What i was reading is the possible warranty with the carb kit. Then i read more and talked to stillen more and found out that the warranty is through them (not a bad thing I thought at the time) but also the carb kit will be limited in hp as well.
I wanted a clean look as well. I personally got up in around the stillen supercharger. Listened to it and looked at the install. The new intake manifold was ok. It didnt make my heart sing that is for sure. Looking at the GTM, what I like about it right away was the clean stock look it presents. The stillen is diffentaly more flashy in the engine bay.

Now my car is a VERT manual. WHen driving it, I can definately feel a difference. Lower end felt a lot better. I really felt it had more power overall. The auto has the gearing to make it feel faster and is actually faster, but not now.

Josh from stillen was very nice and answered everyone of my questions. So did Sam.

My opinion is Thank GOD I went with GTM now that I see the issues pop up. Now there are people who have installed both and they are working great on CUSTOM tunes. Did my car have issues at first. Yep. Did sam fix them right away. You betcha.
Fezzik is offline   Reply With Quote