View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
DDonovan
Base Member

Drives: 07 Honda S2000 AP2
DDonovan is on a distinguished road

Update - Feb 15th/2011 driving.gif

Well I have confirmed that August 20th is still the date. I have to have the deposit money ($500.00) up to them by end of this month. This shouldn't be an issue as the Island owners have put together over $300.00 and Victoria (Campus) Honda is again going to sponsor our event and last year they provided us with a $500.00 expenses sponsorship cheque. This was the only weekend available to us.

We have had a local classic rock band contact us and they want to throw in some sponsorship by playing for us for free. We just need to cover their gas costs. Mt Washington has no problem with this as long as they setup and tear down themselves and we rent a carpet to protect the floor.

We have so far received sponsorship agreements from the following:
- Campus Honda
- Wind Restrictor (custom etched windscreens - between the seats of some convertibles like ours).
- Mt. Washington Resort - ski passes and tubing passes.
- Allen Berg F1 racing school (one pass must be used by end of September).
- The Bread Garden
- 5252 Motorsports
- A&J Racing

Thanks to all the sponsors thus far. Lastly I wanted to point out that last year some people attended the event and made it back to the mainland same day. We have setup the poker run so that people on the island leave first. That gives anyone visiting the island enough time to catch a morning ferry and still participate. In the evening we had the prizes and the dinner over in time to catch the Nanaimo ferry back to the mainland, so for those of you wondering, this entire event can be done in one day without having to spend the night up at the mountain. You would be looking at about 3 hours driving during the event, then Nanaimo is about an hour and a bit from the mountain. The starting spot for the Poker Run is about 25 minutes from the Vancouver Island Ferry.

I am very pleased with the pre-registration again this year. Thanks to all of you that have decided to help out and donate your time and money to such a worthy cause.

Thanks Again...,
Dave
VI S2Ki CO
Poker Run Organizer
emot-tip-wink.gif
DDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote