View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
kdrshocker
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 2007 Tunda
kdrshocker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baer383 View Post
You have to sand and prep the surface or the VHT will not stick and after sanding you should also use adhesion promoter,I have seen this time after time people bring their tail lights into my body shop they tell me what happen and how they prep it and your story sounds all to familiar.

I not trying to be a d*ck I'm just telling you in advance so when it happens you will be less mad.
in all honesty, you don't. all vht is, is a clear coat with a little black mixed in... that's why i said a VERY light first coat, gives it more crap to bond to on the later coats... but then again, i do have a lot of experience with rattle can junk... i painted an 84 camaro with wal-mart color place paint and clear coat
not too bad for a $40 paint job... (bought the car for 300, sold it for 2500)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
looks good
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanced370Z View Post
i think the blacked out look is played out already. i prefer red tails, but thats just me. that much black cheapens the car imo
To each is his/her opinion. Heck, I prefer the GT-R to the 370z, but I have other reasons why I have the 370… one being money 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
I think it looks goo so far, just don't get black rims as well!
Funny you should mention that… I am 50/50 on powder coating them black… I have to spray the door handles for sure, but am torn on the rims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A 2 Z View Post
Thanks fo the info! Sounds like alot of work... ill just take it to the shop to get it done. Kinda got lost with all the sanding then spraying then sanding.
No problem.. it’s a fun task to do while you are just sitting around doing nothing… actually, I’m lying, it’s a tedious task that is time consuming, but I’m happy with the results and the fact I spent next to nothing to have it done.

Last edited by kdrshocker; 02-15-2011 at 04:06 PM.
kdrshocker is offline   Reply With Quote