View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to play tort lawyer here but I am a former car salesman, but you mentioned that "The contract was drawn up..." Did you and the dealer sign anything? If so I think you got recourse; however, a deposit doesn't denote a real contract. Legally, from what I remember (because car dealerships make sure their asses are covered), as soon as you physically drive the car off the lot with the RS (registration of sale) sticker they put on the passenger side window, then you are legally obligated to the car i.e. you have to make payments or whatever, and the dealership has officially sold the car to you.

But if the dealership is backpeddling or whatevers, then just get your deposit back and go to another. They do this (hold onto to your deposit) because they want to anchor you as a customer.
edeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote