View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Unclemeaty
Base Member

Drives: 150cc Scooter
Unclemeaty is on a distinguished road

Megan; yours and my Ignition timing maps are similar. I imagine since you have some mods you were able to get ~71 tuned in at higher rpm. In stock form, I was pinging at 70 so I lowered it to 68. Other than that our numbers are pretty close. Did you try tracing the timing through a gear to see if it steps left as I mentioned in my previous post? -Might be pinging. Yes, the RadioShack Mini-Amp might warn you of ping also.

Interesting read about the stock WB vs your aftermarket sensor. You know you can adjust the WB AF vs Voltage rating in Cipher under Options. You'll notice the data supplied by UpRev is not linear. Since you have a 3rd party AF meter you might as well go ahead and calibrate the stock WB in Cipher.

Very interesting about the injector trim. How do you figure out which injector needed more, and which needed less? Reading spark plugs is all I can think to do. Perhaps using a heat gun on the exhaust manifold could be another test. ~1% is substantial.

I have not played much with the MAF tables. I'll have to do my homework before I do though. From your first post I guess this is more necessary especially since you've changed your MAF, TBs and done some other mods. Are you really hitting 22-23 base scheduled fuel with your mods? Mine is onyl hitting ~20.5 stock.

Last edited by Unclemeaty; 02-15-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Unclemeaty is offline   Reply With Quote