View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #54 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Have you found yourself playing "guinea pig" any, or has your plan been perfect so far? I know 1 person is a very small sample size and more based on luck.
I have had several cars that were 1st or early second year production, with mixed results:
2003 MINI Cooper - many repairs under warranty, which increased after warranty was expired. Dumped it after less than 3 years (bought it used)
2004 RX-8 - some recall work and warranty repairs. Could not stand getting less than 10 MPGs around town and waiting to shut the car off to cool down the rotary. Sold it after 18 months.
2003 Mazda6 (wife's car) - 2 repairs in 9 years, both under warranty.

And now the 2009 370. So far no issues other than a random misfire code a couple of times (and I think I have the hatch release issue).

I'm a sucker for a new model!

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote