Thread: 370z vs Evo X?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

I'm not making the choices of buying between different cars, and you've probably grown up around sports cars as well (seeing as you're looking at the different cars you want), so I'll put in my two cents.

I've driven a heavily modified bugeye WRX and it is too much fun. All that grip and boost is just a wonderful experience. I've also driven an outback sport, which is, for the most part, a family sport sedan/wagon/hatch -thing (sorry lol) but it's a fun car. I've also been in a 94 Impreza L with a funky-@ss EJ20E swap and a no-name turbo (at least that's what my buddy and I think) and that's also a lot of fun.

I've been in a GSR and actually been enticed to race by one (some 16 year old in his dad's car, probably) and spanked him. Bad judgment on my part but there's just something about reaching 60-70 seconds before he does. I've read about the EVO's "DSG" or whatever revolutionary tranny they have in there and apparently it's many wonderful things inside a metal box.

I've been in a Z4, fun, but many people say it's overpriced, not to mention the maintenance cost of German cars. I haven't driven it though so I have no basis for performance there.

And of course, I've been in a TON of Civics. Fortunately, none that are too riced out. My most recent experience was inside a race-shop's EK body that was modded to hell and slammed to the ground. Feels fast, although it really isn't that fast. I would never get a Civic, purely because the place I live is just filled with every example imaginable when it comes to all-show-and-no-go Civics. They're not even show. They're just ugly. An S2000? I'm too big for it.

Lastly, I am a Z driver. I will probably stay a Z driver. It is, in every sense of the word, an enthusiast's car. It has all the amenities to be a daily driver and all the kick to be a track star (albeit with cooling issues). Besides its 30+ year pedigree, Nissan has done a lot to attract the sporty-minded buyer.

TL;DR Buy the 370Z. Nismo or whatever. You will love it.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote