View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #68 (permalink)
Forrest
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z Blk 6mt sprt
Forrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
So AK, have you noticed any perceptible difference running on Redline? I've heard that there's a very noticeable difference with Motul, so I'm wondering if the same holds true for Redline. Some people claim that the VQ doesn't do well on Motul as far as wear goes. So now I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and use the 3 cans of Motul 300V already sitting in my garage, or give Redline a try instead. Redline is definitely less expensive and easier to get a hold of.
You should try Motul 300V for a little bit and do the black stone lab test on it.

Free Test Kit

My plan is very simple, i want to test to see how well the nissan ester oil wears on the engine for a few changes then switch it to something else and see if theres less wear.

BUt i need to change my own oil and i am slowly gearing up to do that, but since i am a slow driver i have a few miles to go before oil change, i am also kind of afraid to do it too.

AK you should test your redline also with black labs.

Oh yeah and i was thinking. the magnet on the filter and the drain pan bolt magnet would probably alter the test becuase they would be cleaning the oil for you more so than normal. All that crap that is breaking off, would normaly cause more wear that the magnet stops it from doing. I dunno, you get what i am saying i hope.

Last edited by Forrest; 06-18-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote