Thread: 370z vs Evo X?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyen128 View Post
Hey everyone, I've been browsing this forum and decided to make my first post. If some of you guys are in Georgia, you might recognize me from IA. I don't have an 370z yet but I'm considering getting one soon. This isn't a Evo vs 370z which is faster type of thread either. I'm trying to decide which one I should purchase in the near future.. let's say in around 4-5 months from now. I'm 20 years old and a sophomore in college. I am privledged enough to have my own buisness that puts me financially able to purchase either of these without taking a loan. So please no negative comments I've worked hard for what I have. My parents aren't paying my way. I support myself.

But to the meat of this post.. I would be getting a 2011 GSR fully loaded or a 2011 Nismo 370. I'd love to get my hands on a 2012 GTR Black edition and it has always been a dream of mine but after doing the math I would rather purchase a car half the price and be able to buy a new house and expand my buisness as well. I have driven both, the 370z when it came out and I just test drove a 2010 370z since they didn't have a 2011 on the lot. I drove a 2008 GSR about 6 months ago.

Both cars put a smile to my face when I drove it but there's something special about the low end power the 370 makes. This would simply be a weekend toy of mine. I'm single and don't have kids or anything to worry about so I really don't need the 4 doors. I just want a sports car I can play with. I already have a daily (2009 Pontiac G5) I bought early last year brand new.

So, what do you guys think the best car would be and pros/cons? For the 370z I'd just start with some minor bolt ons and then twin turbo it in the future. For the Evo it would be bolt ons w/ fp black and down the road the AMS 900 kit. All this after I purchase a home of course. The car will also see track time too but it will spend most of it's time on the street.

I understand this is an 370z forum and some opinions might be bias. But any input would be helpful. Sorry this is so long but thanks in advance! If you guys are on the Evo X forums I posted the same there too.
I own neither, but have been in the new Evo's and driven the 370Z's while making a decision myself.

I would pick the Z due to higher interior quality, and because it doesn't look like crap.

I view the NISMO as a rip-off, though. It's a base model with some rims and a different feeling suspension (in tests I have seen it just rides harsher, it's even odds on handling), little louder exhaust, and a limited slip diff.

The touring/sport combo might be more your speed. Why get a stripped out interior in a car that manages to somehow weigh more than the loaded model? Makes no sense. The body-kit is very poorly done as well, go feel it. The fender-wells etc. are flopping around in there and it just isn't something that makes you think "Quality". If your doing it...because it says NISMO, then go for it, but the utility/price is just fail with that model in my opinion. No NAV. No leather. The only car I have seen with only 4 speakers since my 1993 Crown-Vic police car, the list goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyen128 View Post
Hah the AMS 900 kit would be very far down the road. Anyone have input as far as a twin turbo 370z goes?
I contemplated going this route, but I have yet to see a dyno graph posted, save one, that looks like someone knew what they were doing when tuning it.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 02-14-2011 at 08:07 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote