View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
dawankler
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z MB MT
dawankler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
Not trying to step on anybody's toes here...I'm just relaying what I've been told by people who are in a position to at least have an intelligent opinion on the subject.
If the stock intake and exhaust are adequate for all of the engine's needs how did the Nissan engineers increase the HP/TQ of the Nismo 370 just by replacing the intake and exhaust?

Engineering is a careful balance of a number of factors. In this case with the intake/exhaust design of the stock 370 those factors include price, power, efficiency, exhaust note, emissions standards, and probably 20 others that I'm not thinking of. It's not outside the realm of possibility to believe that engineers sacrificed some power numbers in order to meet one of the other factors. For end users who are willing to sacrifice general publicly acceptable exhaust note, price or efficiency for those extra ponies can find it in these aftermarket mods.

With that said, I agree with Josh. I think Nissan hit it out of the park with the 370. It's got everything your average person would want in a two seat performance vehicle at a price that your average person can afford.
dawankler is offline   Reply With Quote