View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Roo
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z with nav
Roo is on a distinguished road
Default High pitch noise coming from passenger side

I picked up a new 370z for my fiancé as a wedding gift and the car has 200 miles on it. Now when the car is on and you are idle you can't hear it, but if you are driving or if you just rev it up in neutral you hear this high pitch noise. It sounds like a dog whistle and it gives us a painful headache every time we drive the car. We have already turned off all radio, navigation, etc and it still happens. We put our ears to the speakers and it is not coming from them, but from the electronics under the glove box. I took it into Nissan and they are at a complete loss as to what it is or how to fix it. A Nissan guy has flew in and he has no idea either and have never heard of this. Their solution is 'turn the radio up' but that’s ********, I didn't spend $40k on a car to have to crank the radio up to hide a high pitch noise.

Has anyone had this or heard of this? We are meeting with an attorney to discuss suing Nissan over this since we cannot drive the car; it’s a very high pitch brain splitting noise. We have it documented by multiple service guys and the Nissan guy who flew in.
Roo is offline   Reply With Quote