View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #65 (permalink)
sucasa
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sucasa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwntwnall4u View Post
Just got back from the dealer after canceling my extended warranty.
Initially paid $2190 for 84 mo./100,00 mi. They really tried to get me to not cancel but after 20 minutes of discussion it's now canceled.

But I'm kinda having cancelers remorse?

They said that it will cost me more to buy it again later and all third party extended warranties don't cover what the original extended warranty would have. Is this true?

@dwntwnall4u

I did my research when I bought the extended warranty. First I looked at a third party company i.e. Geico's extended warranty and compared it to Nissan Security Plus, and it was a no brainer.

Take a look at the following chart:

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.co...erageChart.pdf

For the Gold-Preferred, take a look at what's covered.. Exactly, practically every major component, electrical, navigation,etc.. part on the car is warrantied.

When I went to Geico and asked to see a similar covered list, they refused to show it to me. That's when I went with Nissan's extended coverage. I got mine for 5yrs, 75,000 miles since I plan to keep it that long. Dealer was correct, the price of purchasing an extended does go up, the further you get from your purchase date, simply b/c the car has more tear and wear. So, I figured why not just get it now, and not worry about it.

To each his/or her own, but from my experiences, every extended warranty i have bought in the past has fully paid for itself by covering unexcepted major repairs.
sucasa is offline   Reply With Quote