View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Juleous
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z
Juleous will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by z me fly View Post
Hey Tom,
I agree that crossovers should of been used but these weren't component speakers. I wanted components but I don't think he had 6x9 speakers in a component set. Is this why the sound is not all there?
The 6x9 route is the source of all your problems. Get those things out of the doors and install a proper 6.5 component setup, end of problem. Then run the rears off the HU amp, the rear 3.5" all they need is 20watts rms.

My current setup which sounds great by the way and easy to control. I have a set of POLK DB's running off a Rockford Fosgate Punch 300-2 which rocks, I also have a set of Boston S35's for the rear which I powered from the HU amp and these also rock. Plus the subs.

I have excellent total system control with my current setup, I can fade or balance any single component that I want. The components are easy to install and setup, 6x9's are nothing but trouble.

I can see why he went that route considering that was what the stock Touring bracket is setup for, but everyone has been just making a 6x9 MDF panel for that bracket and mounting the 6.5" driver in there. Works really really well, I would save your $800 buy a set of high end components and never look back.
Juleous is offline   Reply With Quote