View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #2527 (permalink)
MMC Racing
Track Member

Drives: 2015 GT-R
MMC Racing has a spectacular aura aboutMMC Racing has a spectacular aura aboutMMC Racing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-370z View Post
Who cares, all this kind of work is custom engineering. Its not an assembly line. You want performance, fine you will require added maintenance. You want to have a perfect install, fine it will require extra time. Which projects like these have many variables to them, so who care if it takes twice as long to get a good deliverable in the end. You people and think these companies can wave their magic wand and make everything perfect. This is a ridge-line business and we are lucky we have the few tuners and manufactures of these types of goods and services. Stillen on the other hand has gone about everything the wrong way.
You still don't get it. I guess there aren't many project managers here. If something takes more time than estimated it means they estimated poorly or, and this happens all the time, they estimated effort hours correctly but not duration. When a shop is juggling multiple big projects a problem with one can slip all the others. This is just reality and is all about time/project management.

What you are saying is the shop estimated it will take X hours to do their NORMAL, HIGH QUALITY WORK, but then it takes X + Y to "make it perfect"..?

I'm a little surprised people are arguing this with me, this is common sense stuff. It isn't a knock against any shop, it is just a reality of the industry. When people realize that and set appropriate expectations, they will not be disappointed.