View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #47 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnmtGTR View Post
I agree, the initial reviews are pretty dissapointing, but I do have a few issues with how they tested it. Testing on different days could have a bit to do with it, but my biggest issue is not tracking both cars and seeing the difference. The marginal Nismo numbers may suggest that it may not be faster, but at least put it out where its suppose to be and let us see the numbers that count. Who cares if it isnt faster 0-60, its heavier than a base, so that extra 18hp is just keeping it in line.

Hopefully when they stack up together the Nismo will shine on the track, otherwise whats the point????
Also, the NISMO isn't really broken in yet. 100 lbs gained should = about .1 sec loss and 20 hp gain should equal about a .2 second gain in this power/weight class, so I assume the bump was " just keeping it in line" as you said. Probably do a bit better after it has some more mileage under it's belt.