View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #625 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
So you're saying that you know the oil pump can handle the extra stress of pushing it through a cooler and the hoses?

Or that the thermo-plate meets the design specifications for an engine that the manufacturer of the plate had no hand w/ design?

Or that the flow rate through the plate and cooler is adequate for the design of the engine? Or that the flow rate matches *exactly* over all RPM and workloads, of pre-oil cooler and post-oil cooler?

Or that with continued use, the oil pump won't see an increased amount of wear from the extra stresses induced by the cooler/thermo-plate?

Or that *you* can prove that installing the oil cooler is nessicary for reliable operation of the engine?

Or that *you* can prove that it wasn't installed for competition-use?

Just sayin....
As I have not installed one, nor have taken the time to even begin my research I cannot say one way or the other. Though I will say that when I do things, I do not just do them because they look good or because they should perform. I buy into something I know will work and not cause problems, one reason I will not buy performance parts right away (car is still new). While I may not go into the depth of your post and conclude all those findings are good or bad, I will find that my car will not run into any issues from an install and use of such an item. Now what will others do, that is up to them.