View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't want the factory nav, but the car I found had it, so I took it. Now I love it. Being able to flip from CD to satellite to radio, change songs and adjust volume from the steering wheel is sweet. Also, microphone for aftermarket nav is usually in the head unit and gives bad bluetooth sound because of the position. The mic in the headliner for the factory nav works pretty well. The voice activated nav function is slow, but super slick. Press a button on the steering wheel, talk into the microphone in the head liner, tell it the state, city, street, address, then "show route" and you're mapped to where you want to go. The iPod plug in in the center console is slick, too.

Overall, it's just a very clean interface that performs very well. I have an aftermarket Eclipse nav in my Yaris and I would give it a 5/10 comapred to 9/10 for the factory Nissan nav.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote