View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg View Post
What's the difference between OEM type and true coilovers? Would you recommend these for DD because i was planning on getting these as a friend of mine has it on his 350z and i really liked the feel of it, and the ride quality was really good too even though the dampers were all the way at stiff and the car was as low as it could go.
OEM type refers mostly to the rear on are cars. OEM type coilovers are similar style to the rear. The spring is separate from the damper ( there not attached). The true type is a basic coilover just as the front is. You eliminate the OEM spring completely and install the true type coilover where the original OEM damper was. Hope this makes since. I have pics for the rear setup. But that will have to wait for I'm not at the house.

So far as DD I'm not sure yet. From what I felt it probably would be a little harsher ride considering the spring rates. But I don't mind it at all. That's me though. Makes it feel I'm in a race car all the time. LOL. My damper for now are set on 8 for know til I get a real good feel of everything. But I'll have to wait for the corner balance and alignment before I can give true feedback. Plus I put sways on to. So I'll have to play with those also. Hope this helps.