View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

While I don't think that a Z could beat a F430 Scuderia, it's within reason to say that the Z can very readily beat an F430. However, you'd need a lot of money...

First things first, you've got to increase power. The Stillen supercharger gives the Z about 450 rwhp. A TT setup could potentially give you 1000HP if you modded the Z enough. GTM already produces increased-displacement modifications, up to a whopping 4.5L. That combined with a twin turbo is huge potential.

If you want to beat a F430, even a Scuderia, on a drag strip, that's easy. Big engine, big turbo, big tires, and a rock-hard suspension. Well, you'd also need a VERY good driver. It's difficult to shift a 1000HP car, let alone try to beat one with a six (seven?) speed sequential gearbox that can shift as fast, if not faster, than you can blink an eye.

That being said, the mods I did mention would put you back a LOT on funds. In fact, I'm sure that for the parts and labor involved, as well as dyno tunes and etc., you could actually buy another 370Z, possibly even a NISMO. Not to mention how much gas that will use (and I doubt premium pump will have enough anti-knock without alcohol or water injection).

All of the above is assuming said F430 is stock.

If you're arguing with your enthusiast (or ignorant) car guy/girl, you can reasonably beat an F430 with less money than it costs to buy an F430. If you plan on trying to track against an F430, I would wait for three years or more's worth of disposable income before you even start to think about going against that Ferrari.

Better yet, I suppose you forget about that and buy a 911 turbo S or a 911 GT3. You know what, forget that, just buy a 458 Italia. That will tell that F430 what for.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote