View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
dal1307
Base Member

Drives: 08 G37S 5AT
dal1307 is on a distinguished road
Default GTM and Stillen SC Install Facts and Results Thread

I hate to stir this up again but I was thinking about this today and was wondering what the answer would be.

How many people who have the GTM Supercharger kit got it installed at GTM and how many got it installed at some other shop local to them and used the off the shelf tune from GTM, unmodified? How many people got it installed by a local shop and got either a full custom tune or tweaks to the off the shelf tune? For all, what were the results and were there any problems?

How many people who have the Stillen Supercharger kit got it installed at Stillen and how many got it installed at a local shop and used the off the shelf tune from Stillen, unmodified? How many people got it installed by a local shop and got either a full custom tune for tewaks to the off the shelf tune? For all, what were the results and were there any problems?

I will start. As most of you know I got my Stillen kit installed at a local shop in the Denver area and got a full custom tune. Living in CO I had no desire to stick to the ultra conservative parameters required to meet CARB certification. Also, I live at approximately 5400 ft asl and wanted a tune that accounted for that huge altitude difference from sea level. I also opted to use the 9 PSI pulley wihich at our altitude, as measured by my installer yielded 7.2 PSI. My baseline numbers were 250 HP and 227 TQ. My final numbers on the same dyno in the same gear were 387 HP and 311 TQ (increase of 137 HP and 84 TQ at 7.2 PSI boost). I have had no problems to date with the kit.

I am not trying to stir up the pot or offend anyone but simply asking for everyone on both sides to post the facts and reaults as I am curious.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baseline_Versus_Power_4th_Gear.jpg (228.4 KB, 75 views)