View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #615 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyz View Post
I dont think an oil cooler will void the warranty as long it doesnt cause problems to the car. If Nissan is installing an Oil Cooler on the Nismo, which is the same car, we can do it too. Plus any aftermarket part is protected by the Magnuson-Moss Law Act. THe problem is that there's a lot of people don't know about this law, and a lot of dealers that either don't know or want to ignore it.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is what I use against dealer when they try their BS warranty with me.

Magnuson-Moss is quoted a lot.

It has nothing to do with add-ons. (imagine if you installed Nitrous - you expect them to warrantee the pistons when they get a hole through them?)

It has everything to do with tie-in warranty sales - for example, if Nissan required you to buy Nissan oil filters and Nissan Oil, and only the dealer could do the oil changes. THAT is what the Magnuson-Moss Act refers to...because it basically sets up a dealer/manufacturer monopoly on wear-items.

Nissan has stated (there's a thread on here about it) where they will not cover a car that has an oil cooler installed, because it's considered a competition-use item, and the car is not for competition use. Even the NIZMO will not have an oil cooler installed.