View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #200 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need Your Opinion

I went to a relatively high end exhaust shop today to get the car on the rack and consider the various options for getting rid of at least 50% of the drone I am experiencing and came up with a few options that I wanted to get your input on.

Option 1:

the side branch resonators in the same style as the HKS/Ark exhaust systems right before the rear mufflers. Using resonators will take off much of the length I had calculated for my Helmholtz resonator design and will do the same job, plus it is a proven concept both in the aftermarket and on OEM exhausts for reducing drone.

This is going to be between $400-500 TIG welded and fully polished stainless steel. Between what I spent on the exhaust and the cost of this mod, it would still put the total exhaust cost around the price of most mid-high end exhausts on the market.

Option 2:

Sell this exhaust and find another. The previous owners had no issues but they were running on stock cats, plus this exhaust is unique in that it is 1 of 1 which is appealing versus something common. Less inclined to do this to be honest but always an option none the less.

So what would you guys do? I will be upfront in saying that I an inclined to keep it as it sounds different to any other exhaust I have heard for the 370z and has the unique one off factor but am still not sure it is worth the extra coin to get it the way I want it.
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote