View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
TongMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nissan GTR
TongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond reputeTongMan has a reputation beyond repute
Cool In-car Camera Mount Review

Hey Z owners, back in September, I was looking for a cheap camera mount to record my cruises and track days. Was looking to just make one myself, but I did an eBay search and found a seller that was willing to let me test out one of his camera mounts. The guy was Mathew Benanti. He also does track days in his car. He's got an ebay store, so if you guys are interested, check him out.

I thought that I would tell you guys about it since I know that many of you guys do track days, go on cruises, and race at the drag strips. It's cool to have video of these events.

Here are some pictures:
Included Parts

Shaft

Universal Camera Mount

Headrest Mounts

Assembled

YouTube - ZONC 370z Canyon Cruise

The mount attaches to the headrest posts. You can use either the passenger side or the driver side headrest posts. The camera mount did a good job. I wished that I could have mounted the camera mount just a little bit higher so that I can see the road ahead better when watching the videos. The mount is pretty stable and doesn't rattle, unless you are going four wheeling. I just leave the mount connected in my car permanently and take my camera out for when I don't need it.

Another good reason to have a camera mount is to record your driving, so that you can use it to protect yourself against stupid drivers, accidents, and moving violations. Its so much better to make your argument when you have video footage of how you were driving. It could work both ways if you were actually driving like an *******.

Summer is fast approaching and people will be coming out and having bigger and better meets. Get your camera mounts ready.

Last edited by TongMan; 02-11-2011 at 03:02 PM.
TongMan is offline   Reply With Quote