View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 02:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
With regards to aftermarket intake kits; unless you are doing some forced induction or something similar; the only thing an intake kit will do for you is look good and may give you some nice sound effects.

As far as engine performance goes; it's my understanding that the stock air box set setup provides all the airflow that the engine can handle.
Notwithstanding your forced induction reference, lots of folks don't understand the air flow dynamics involved and the importance of the point you are raising.

With a cold air intake kit, a person can put it on the car but likewise if they don't upgrade to a less restrictive exhaust as well at the same time then they are not going to see the benefit that can be had from adding the CAI as it works in conjunction with the entire exhaust.

For me, I just want the less restrictive intake airflow the dual K&N type panel filters bring to the table as with the 350Z I once owned it made a word of difference with the throttle response. From a HP perspective if I gain a few by dropping the panels in thats nice but I have reached the lifestage in my life that I no longer have a "more HP" addiction.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote