View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Juleous
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z
Juleous will become famous soon enough
Default Rear Speaker Panel Removal with pics

I wanted to document the process to remove the rear panels for the speaker replacement or install, this is not meant to be a debate on who likes rear speakers and who doesn't. I just wanted to clearly document the process for those want to do it, and trust me it's way easier than you might think.

First thing is you need the Scosche Panel tool, cheap from Wal-mart. Remove the 3 rear hatch panels as been documented many times before. Pop out the top pillar cap, remove the door sill and that's all you have to take out.

The rear panel then just pops right out, it's a tight one so you have to work it. I started at the top and worked down to the door which was easiest. The small carpeted panels behind the seats were the hardest part, give a good pull on the speaker panel and the carpet panel will pop out.

Here are the pics.

This is with the top cap removed and the door sill removed, rear panel is ready to come out.

Now the rear panel is loose, just pull it straight out the back and it's out.

Here is the space without the rear panel, notice I did not remove everything in the car to get this out.

Speakers mounted, a little trim required nothing major.

My experience with this mod was I speant more time researching how to do it, then I actually spent doing the job.

For those that have their rear hatch areas apart for what ever reason, take the 2 hours total time to complete this mod.
Juleous is offline   Reply With Quote