View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
All four of my 19" sport Rays now have a mix of curb rash, random chips, and generalized 'hurt' from an incompetent tire installer. I found a guy who will come do a mobile repair, quoting $125/wheel but offering about $90/wheel if I get all four done.

In comparison, some local wheel shops charge $130 for drop-off repairs and will powder coat and bake the wheels. They require tire removal though and I've just been through a fiasco with getting my Hankook Ventus V12s properly balanced.

I'd prefer the mobile option, but I don't want to go cheap and be sorry. What are your thoughts on the mobile repair guys? I'm realistic, so I figure no repair is going to last forever anyway (I'm guaranteed to f them up again)...I just want them to look better than they do now!
take it to wheelsamerica in your area. check chicagoz.com and get your discount in the classified section. it's like 80 per wheel.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote