View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #49 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownR426 View Post
Got my Z back yesterday!
Drive back home was amazing!
The documentation I got says, Checked for codes found B2607, S/L Relay B2612 S/L Status, B260F Eng State Sig Lost. Code b2612 S/L Status
Found Sl Relay open circuit, replaced IPDM.
ER found steering lock shorted internally causeing IPDM to short out.
Installed new ipdm and installed new lock assem.

Anyone wana chime in and explain?
The Service manager felt like an *** once he found out that he needed to replace the steering lock relay as I told him when I first dropped off my car.
If he listened to me I would've gotten my car earlier and they would've gone through less of a struggle.
Oh well!
Groundhog saw it's shadow I'm counting down days til spring!
Code B2607 - Steering Lock Relay - BCM detects that there is a difference between the following statuses. Steering lock unit ON signal transmitted by IPDM E/R, The steering lock unit status feedbac

Code B2612 - S/L STATUS
BCM detects the difference between
the following status for 1 second
- Steering lock or unlock
- Feedback of steering lock status from
IPDM E/R (CAN)
- Harness or connectors
[Steering lock unit circuit (BCM side) is open or shorted], Harness or connectors [Steering lock unit circuit (IPDM E/R side) is open or shorted]

Code B260F - ENG STATE SIG LOST. Automatically reset when power position changes to ACC.
Just a minor communications error, possibly created when they disconnected the battery and then the car couldn't reach accessory mode when power was restored.

My interpretation - they misdiagnosed the codes and incorrectly replaced the IPDM first. They should have replaced the steering lock first. Chances are there was nothing wrong with the IPDM but they had already replaced it at that point.