View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
jginnane
Base Member

Drives: 09Z Pearl 7AT, 09 TL
jginnane is on a distinguished road

I'm a potential customer with a one-track mind.

I like how the aux lights were installed on the front, but realize this would have to be modified somewhat for daily use. Specifically, rather than coming out from a mount point on the transverse bar (so the lights are in front of the car), I'd need an S-curve piece to mount lights above the bumper, but clear of the hood.

I have a set of big Citroen driving lights (8" diagonal soda glass) or a recently-acquired pair of Bosch Compact-100 4" round driving lights. The mount pointss could be independent or as a mini "bull bar", drillable for more than one pair. As mentioned previously I was originally looking at mounting them down in the snout, below the license plate, but the high mount would improve functionality.

My neighbor, who tracks bikes, suggests that there are a number of motorcycle 55w halogens in "silver bullet" shape that might be even more amenable than my car driving lights.

So ... if there's a product forthcoming that could simplify the mounting of front-end aux lighting, I think there'd be a market. (I'm not yet crazy on replacing the stock nose unless the lights are all built-in.)
jginnane is offline   Reply With Quote