View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default Mobile Wheel Repair, thoughts?

All four of my 19" sport Rays now have a mix of curb rash, random chips, and generalized 'hurt' from an incompetent tire installer. I found a guy who will come do a mobile repair, quoting $125/wheel but offering about $90/wheel if I get all four done.

In comparison, some local wheel shops charge $130 for drop-off repairs and will powder coat and bake the wheels. They require tire removal though and I've just been through a fiasco with getting my Hankook Ventus V12s properly balanced.

I'd prefer the mobile option, but I don't want to go cheap and be sorry. What are your thoughts on the mobile repair guys? I'm realistic, so I figure no repair is going to last forever anyway (I'm guaranteed to f them up again)...I just want them to look better than they do now!