View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedo2k View Post
I have been doing a little research the last couple of days. I am trying to find out exactly what part(s) need to be removed/modified to install the Stillen G3 on a NISMO. I have seen plenty of pics that show modifying the existing openings in the radiator mount but havent seen anything on this mystery metal part. I havent had the front fascia off yet- only looked in from underneath while doing an oil change and not real sure what part they are talking about. Does anyone have or could you point me to some pictures?

Thanks

What I found...
From this forum:
"The Stillen kit will not require the washer bottle to be relocated but you will need to trim your radiator support and the extra Nismo ducting on the bumper support."
"For intakes you can run the Injen Nismo edition intake which is currently the only model that fits without minor modifications and is the only Nismo specific model. AEM/Stillen will also fit with very minor modifications."
"the Injen and Stillen will both work. Just requires a lil trimming with the horizontal diffusers."
"metal ducting modification (Nismo model specific for guide modification)"

From a Z shop I emailed:
"Actually one of my techs just told me you have to remove a metal shield"

From the web:
Features and Benefits of the Injen:
09-11 Nissan 370Z (Nismo Edition Only) Injen Dual Cold Air Intake System
• Installation does not require cutting of the factory cross member unlike the competition.

Stillen's Website of course still says "Does NOT fit NISMO 370Z"
at Mikes mod day, the install went just like a regular 370z.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote