View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
xsnapshot
Base Member

Drives: 2004 WRX
xsnapshot is on a distinguished road
Default Idea

So today I was reading how the Nismo is rated at a higher power level than the base Z. Given the re calibrated ECU and exhaust work done this makes sense.

What I'm wondering is, if there really was ECU tweaking done, then can we see what these changes were with uprev? And do any of these changes involve changed VVEL parameters? Considering that Nissan themselves says the electronics have been tweaked, its safe to say something must be different.

Comparing the Nismo vs base
Situation 1: No changes can be found in Uprev, meaning hidden tables or changes in VVEL yielding the power. If it is the VVEL that's helping make this power, then that is good news and bad news. Bad news that we can't modify it yet, good news that changing the VVEL DOES make power.

Situation 2: Changes are found in Uprev. These could help us understand where the base 370z could be altered with respect to the ECU to best make gains. Professional tuners probably already know this from sheer volume of tuning, but it's unlikely they will spill the details as that is there intellectual property. Mainly I'm curious how they accounted for the higher volumetric efficiency with respect to ignition advance. Fueling is easier to get right IMO.
xsnapshot is offline   Reply With Quote