View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
labk888
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z PW 6MT T&S
labk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond reputelabk888 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
I think it looks really nice. This is more modern and hi tech solution to the old school navigation systems in my opinion. I am just curious to see how WELL the navigation works. After all, it all comes down to that. If you get lost and your nav system is lost as well, that's a problem. As MC said in another thread, the new navigation system in the Z is amazing. One of the best units they have ever offered. But again with CarPC, possibilities are endless. I am curious to see how many people will install this in the Z.

BTW, here's a picture of OEM nav unit. I don't know if it's modded or not, but seems like the new OEM unit can display the engine info like GTR or CarPC.

Yeah, the new OEM Navigation system looks nice but I am much more attracted to the endless possibilities of the CarPC solution. On top of that its 1/3 the cost and can be updated whenever you want. Once you have the intial wiring for the Touch Screen/ODB sensors and PC installed, the rest will be trivial. Installation is actually far simpler than most people think.

Just being able to see all of your important data from your engine in real time will be awesome. The car PC can have all of the same features and many more compared to what the OEM nav has. GPS location is done very easily by using a USB GPS dongle that you can buy at a good electronic's store (FRY's.. etc) for very cheap. The possibilities of being able to install multiple cameras (rear, front, side (for cops.. lol)) and record as much as you want is also a major plus. Not to mention, everything in your setup is skinnable. If you know how to program you will be able to write custom software for your car. :P

I am already working on some software so it will automatically sync my video/music library when its in range of my wireless network. Who needs an iPod or aux connection then?
labk888 is offline   Reply With Quote