View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #40 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light

The tuner owns a Computer Repair business and is an IT expert. His second job is tuning. He's smart--if he can't figure it out it MUST be something.

That the dealer(s) can't get in shows something is amiss. Jimmy went to both Nissan and Infiniti, just to be sure.

Yes, I drove it in. Yes, it should have been done first thing. No I don't know now why. This area wasn't expected to cause such a problem.

there are fingers pointing at the ECU being a culprit, but not unless something happened while working on it. I dunno.

Although I was a diagnostic tech in a past life, I know enough here to say I DON'T know about this predicament, and the less involvement by me, the better. Too much input = too much confusion. I trust others to figure things out, despite MY better input. (Ain't that human nature?)

I hope you are right; in the end it MAY be as simple as a disconnect.

Can a switch with another ECU be performed? Or are they married to the car?

Thanks.

Coop

Last edited by SharpByCoop; 02-10-2011 at 10:42 AM.
SharpByCoop is offline   Reply With Quote