Thread: Esther Oil?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue370tt View Post
I have been told by friends in the oil industry that the Nissan "ester" oil helps dissapate heat and keep the heat down better than most oils. This may be true but I still run synthetic.
I think it has been determined that it doesn't do that as well as most good synthetics.

Nissan has kept quite on the details on the oil to spook people into thinking it has some magical properties, but any decent oil will do the same job.

The benefit to the Ester oil is it is supposed to react with the DLC coating on the cam follower, and helps prevent the tapping noise you will hear sometimes when you don't run the Ester oil.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote