View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
nogoodname
Lifetime Premium

Drives: E46 M3
nogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceformer View Post
I can confirm that 18's actually clear the diameter of the calipers and rotors. However the offset and spoke design must be just right to clear the sides of the calipers.

Last winter my brother ordered a set of generic wheels & blizzaks for his G37s. The calipers just barely clear the inner barrel of the wheel, maybe 1/2" or so IIRC. The spokes only cleared the calipers by 1mm so we sent them back.
tell ur bro to buy some 18" MSW's from tire rack, they fit sport and non sport G37's
some guy bought 18 inchers, the spokes cleared the BBK's but the rim got wedged onto the brakes from the top to bottom..i couldnt beleive it...it was totally stuck......the rims were so thick i guess.....really bizarre.

you need to buy thin spoked rims if you want 18 inchers, look at the stock Z rims, they look like panels from the hub to the rim
nogoodname is offline   Reply With Quote