View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
vater
Base Member

Drives: 05 RSX-S
vater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
I'm not sure if there's any Touring owner with aftermarket nav yet. I remember one owner was going to install it but he ended up selling the car. I will explain to you why getting OEM nav will be a better idea with touring.

You can add factory nav and 9 GB HD music box for ONLY $1600 dollars with your touring model. To me, that's a STEAL! Almost every touring owners that wanted nav, simply went with the factory. If I were to buy touring model, you can not steer me away from OEM nav. It look thousand times better and integrates VERY NICELY with the center console.

Also note that, there aren't any dash kit out for the touring model (yet). You have to buy the base dash part from your Nissan dealer and they will charge your around $250ish for the part.

So, about 1000 -1200 for a typical aftermarket nav system plus installation plus 250 for the dash part -- you'll end up paying way more than stock nav and it may not look as good.

If you're set on Touring and you need nav, then please get the nav from Nissan. It'll be cost effective.

If you're looking to buy a base and upgrade (like me), then aftermarket is the way to go. You don't even NEED a dash kit if you buy 2 DIN HU!
in what ways does the OEM nav integrate with the center console / car? Also, say I go with Touring w/ Sport package but no NAV. Can I add on the NAV at a later time? If so, would I be screwing myself cost-wise?

Last edited by vater; 06-17-2009 at 03:20 PM.
vater is offline   Reply With Quote