View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
Producing good sound is great. But my question is. Will this Borla exhaust be able
To match or exceed the amount of power added by the stillen exhaust. 18+ hp on stillen.
And its power most say they can feel.
Be wary of manufacturer claims. I have the Stillen G3 intake, headers, hi flow cats and exhaust. Together they gave me a 26hp gain.

Search this site and you will likely find a thread that has someone's dyno before and after with just ths Stillen exhaust.

As an aside, when Stillen says things like "no one has higher hp gains from their exhaust" That just means that on Stillen's dyno there was an 18 hp difference before and after. If they run it on a different day, or different part of the day when temperature is cooler or if they heat soak the car on the "before" run, it will exaggerate the difference. Every manufacturer has a vested interest in exaggerating the results. Most people only gain 5 hp or so from aftermarket exhausts, but they are testing in an unbiased manner...
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote