View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

For years now, when I've bought a new car (and I've purchased quite a few over the past 35 years) I've told the dealer that if he wanted to advertise his dealership on my car he had better be prepared to write me a check for every month his stupid emblem is on the car.

If I'm ordering a car and they put a stupid dealer emblem on it after it gets there I won't take it (and I've had to walk away from one deal for that very reason)...if I find a car I like and the emblem is already on there I tell them to take it off and if I see any evidence at all that the paint was damaged they loose the sale (I've had to demand that more than a couple of times but they did a good job taking the emblem off).

I realize that doesn't help you with your current problem and I'm sorry you have to deal with this on a brand new car but I too would recommend you have a good body shop repair the damage and just suck it up because ultimately you caused. But for everyone else/future buys I recommend my approach (unless you like dealer emblems on your car).