Thread: Nismo parts
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mergnthwirker
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z PW MT6 S
Mergnthwirker will become famous soon enough

For my previous Nissans, one of the good parts of Nismo parts was I could order them from the dealer. In fact, if the dealer installed them, they were covered by the factory warranty, unlike aftermarket parts. Nissan saw the opportunity to capture some share and extra revenue by having their own "aftermarket" offerings.

The Nismo Z is really just a tarted-up Sport model with all the Nismo goodies. The theory is you can do this too, buying all the good stuff over the counter and building up your car. Nismo will gain cred as the Nismo versions get raced (mostly in Japan) and further developed under racing conditions. The Nismo cars are rolling billboards for their parts sales...

So I think the answer to your question is "yes" you should be able to order/install any of the Nismo parts as long as you have a car on which they will fit. Some parts, however, will be hard to get in the States, especially if they are illegal for road use in some jurisdictions. If you are racing, then all you need is a fat wallet.
Mergnthwirker is offline   Reply With Quote