View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #97 (permalink)
Falcor
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370 CFR edition
Falcor has a spectacular aura aboutFalcor has a spectacular aura aboutFalcor has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the compliments guys, the cloth was impossible to do without getting any on the black especially since the only red marker i found that looks red enough is the Elmers brand and the thinnest tip they make is the "fine tip" I called Elmers to see if they had the "ultra fine" but they said they discontinued it.

with the fine tip you will get some on the black cloth and it is noticable if you are looking for it. but you have to really be looking for it. I did a couple hidden location tests behind the seats and decided that the over paint on the black cloth is so hard to see that it would be worth doing.

If any of you are perfectionists i would say do not do this on cloth. but for 99.9% of the people that look at the interior, they will never see the over paint on the black. I'll see if I can get any pictures to show what it looks like when you go over.

also the red on the leather parts is somewhat difficult. if you wipe after painting 6" with a dry cloth it will leave an orange smudge on the leather and if you use a damp cloth it will somewhat fade the color of the red. I found that the best way was to use a dry cloth first than follow with a damp one to pick up the smudge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
btw, was it easy to apply without getting it on the cloth? wipe away easy?
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote