Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #126 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
I disagree. Certain summer tires, like the Bridgestones, are well known to be a very noisy tire.

Also, Dynamat is not meant to be sound-deadening material. Its sole purpose is to add mass to whatever it is applied to, making it heavier and therefore less prone to rattling or vibration from acoustics. IMO, you can find better material to use.
RE050s are pretty noisy but they aren't THAT noisy until about 50% worn...then it roaarrs like a frikken 4x4 with off-road tires.

as for dynamat there is noticable noise reduction just doing the trunk. the trunk floor is pretty flimsy in some areas. i speak from experience. it's quite more tame now, not that road noise was ever bugging me. i wanted to reduce the low frequency resonance for a clear bass note off my stereo without using subs, etc.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote