Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #121 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice
Default Road noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard Dad View Post
Can't say much about the 2011 as mine's a 2010. On my test drive I heard the noise but I was focused on so many issues (brakes, steering, transmission, seats, throttle response and more) on that brief test drive that the cabin noise issue didn't make much of an impression on me. It was only somewhat later that the noise began to be an issue for me. The noise is highly dependent upon the road surface, smooth road=quiet cabin, rough road=loud cabin.

Though I found the level of cabin noise annoying, I was never really worried about it because I knew that their were many affordable ways to address the issue. Dealing with it was just one additional way that I chose to personalized my car.

If anyone were to ask me, I would recommend the 370Z with enthusiasm. I would be candid though, and point out that the cabin may be a bit noisy for some, and anyone who intends to do a lot of aggressive driving will probably see high oil temperatures and, maybe, have brake issues. However, I would be quick to point out that all of these issues, should they even arise, can be easily and affordably addressed.
WHITE WOLF This is exactly my experience.. I now love the car but did not notice the road noise during the test drives because I was too focused on other things..When I went on a trip with my wife for the first time I noticed it and it was horrible.. the roads here have a rough surface for driving during snow and ice and it was LOUD.I really thought I had made a terrible mistake. I had the car dynamatted and it has made a difference. My Z is good now but still I am going to go one step further and get the Conti Extremes at some point probably next year to take the car from "very good" to "excellent beyond all expectations!" because to me the less the road noise the better.

I dont think there is anything different about the 2011..The noise may not bother you or maybe the roads in your area are not so noisy..but if it becomes a problem its easy to correct. Its no different from those that buy a car and then add a better sound system.. its just a way of making the car more to your exact liking.

Go ahead and buy it!!

One other thing.. I notice you live in Hawaii.. are the roads there built with a rough surface to cope with snow and ice??

Last edited by RiCharlie; 02-07-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: addition
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote