Thread: Vw r32
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
kevr6
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nele22 View Post
Solid car. Pretty quick. Good amount of interior room. There is a cam "cap" issue. I would have him research it. Basically there is a small thimble looking cap on toward the end of the cam that wears thin on the motors. It can cause a huge repair bill. I had it happen on my gti. Cost $1800 to fix. My car had 62k on it when it happened.
Did you have a VR6 GTI?? I've had a GTI VR6, Mk 4 R32, and a TT VR6 with zero problems. My GTI was supercharged and I drove it to 140k and sold it getting 8 grand easily.

My R32 was the body style before that one and was a stick! They only offered that model with the DSG tranny. The VR6 engine is pretty bullit proof!
Depending on year model most GTIs were 1.8t or 2.0t powered.