View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #37 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z eliminator View Post
My base line is 264 rwhp on a dyno jet set at 700 ft elevation. With full bolt ons i make 300 rwhp SAE. I had one pull where is made 309. Converted to STD it made 318 and Actual power it made 320. I have the dyno charts for the above 3 runs after they were converted to each of the uniys.
We later discovered that the actual elevation is 300 FT.
Does any body know how much of difference 400 FT of elevaton would make in my #'s.
Theses #'s were before I put the Motordyne intake on. I gained 1 rwhp with it top end and from 3800 to 7000 rpm it made 13 to 15 LBs more torque and 8 to 12 rwhp more. but the top end was the same.
On the 1/4 mile 0 to 1000 ft times were way quicker and 3 mph faster but it ran the same times in the 1/4 mile.
These are good #'s for a 7 AT.

Z
Any wild chance you can get the drf's? If so would you mind sharing them me?

I always thought your dyno was bit on the low side for baseline, but from what I've seen the range is roughly 268 - 278, so it's very close to the rest of the data points.

Also, was that baseline SAE corrected? If uncorrected it could be the ambient conditions were knocking out a couple of ponies, or possibly, the engine needed a bit more break in time -- how many miles on the engine when you got your baseline?

Also, as we've both noticed, the ECU takes a full pulls to adjust itself, so if you only got in 2-3 pulls, it might have dyoned a tad higher on the next few runs. Hard to say.

I'm not sure exactly how much the difference in elevation would make, but presumably it would result in some degree of overcorrection upwards, possibly by 1-2%

If you can get me your drfs I can probably figure out more of what's going on. At minimum, I can tell you the correction factor value that was used (might also be noted on the printout).

We're pretty much at 0 elevation here in FL, so for us the only power killers are heat and humidity

STD tends to overcorrect upwards for NA engines -- 309 is probably spot on as a conservative estimate and 318 would be a slightly high "bragging rights" dyno

Not sure what you mean by "actual power", but if we estimate your drivetrain losses as measured by that particular dyno (assuming same dyno all runs) to be around 21% (which, BTW, is waaaaay higher than indicated by most dynojets, so again, I think you just had an unusually low baseline), your power to the crank now would be around 391 (SAE) to 402 (STD).

Assuming you just had a wonky baseline, going by the typically seen 16 -18% drivetrain losses would put you a bit lower at the crank of course... either way, the 300 - 309 whp (what matters) ball park sounds about right -- sweet!

Last edited by Jordo!; 02-06-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote