View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Slem
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z
Slem is on a distinguished road
Default Fixed!!

I figured that if anyone was keeping an eye on this thread that out of common courtesy I should share the happy ending. OK, Nissan had my car for a total of 41 days. Early on into this hole sordid thang Nissan offically "took" the Z and declared it unsafe to operate and would not release it back to me. On January 2nd the division that programs the ECM and other components in JAPAN sent an engineer in Phoenix a software fix. On January 3rd the engineer traveled from Phoenix to Albuquerque and uploaded the new software. The Z has run beautifully ever since. The "company" and the engineer would not divulge any of the program code or state specifically what the fix addressed other then "the program is to fix a cold start condition that we've been experiencing with a lot of our cars. We will be sending a firmware update to all of our dealerships and request that our customers bring in their cars for this update." I know, I know, it all sounds kinda hokey. But this part is interesting. When I was dealing with corporate Nissan about my Z I made a comment about proper restitution for the trouble that I had to go thru. They did not hesitate to monetarily reimburse me for my troubles.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote